Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Forever (Firstborn Series: Baxters 2 - Book #5)Forever by Karen Kingsbury

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


FOREVER . . . finally! I loved the characters, I loved the drama, and I loved the storyline. But, I didn’t love the long drawn out series. Of course, we all knew how the series would end, but it truly became a quest to get to the end. One of the issues I had with this series is the constant rehashing of past circumstances and trials. I understand the need as a writer to want each book to be a standalone novel, but let’s face it . . . if the series is five strong, people need to read the whole series. The writer should not try to summarize past books. It frustrates the true fan that has read each book up to that point. But, who am I to correct or critique Karen Kingsbury. Her stories are inspiring and engaging, and even though I don’t like redundancy, I will continue on and read the Sunrise series and hope that I don’t have to do too much skimming to get past repetitive information.



View all my reviews

No comments: