Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reunion (Redemption Series, Baxters 1, Book #5)Reunion by Karen Kingsbury

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


REUNION, the last in the Redemption series, was a great end to a wonderful series. I purchased the Redemption series as it was being released. But, as my 800+ book collection grew over the years, and I got busier with life, I never got past book four. I was determined this year to re-read the Redemption series so I could move on to the Firstborn series and the three subsequent series that follow. I am so glad I did.

REUNION is a reflection on all the lives of the Baxter children, and the love John and Elizabeth have shared and modeled for so many years. It is bittersweet as the Baxter children watch their mother battle cancer, but it is what pulls them together and strengthens them as a family. There is closure to some of the issues that have plagued the Baxter’s and there are other situations I would’ve preferred to see tied up a little better than they were.

Overall, the Redemption series touched on a spectrum of emotions. The struggles of marriage, infidelity, addiction, loss, and tragedy. But, it also expounds on the truth that Christians are not immune to difficult times or suffering, but how their faith can be their strength and stronghold through difficult times.




View all my reviews

No comments: