Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Review - Abducted by Janice Cantore

5 out of 5 stars

ABDUCTED the second in the Pacific Coast Justice Series was an exciting addition to the series.

After being on administrative leave, Los Playas patrol officer, Carly Edwards is thrilled to be back on the streets doing what she does best with her partner Joe.  While she’s still working on her tentative relationship with her ex-husband and the possibility of reconciliation, her life seems to be slowly falling back in place.  Then the unthinkable happens.  Joe’s wife is hospitalized in critical condition with reasons unknown to the doctors, and while there, Joe’s infant son is kidnapped.  If that isn’t enough, Carly’s ex-husband, Nick, is slowly pulling away from her confusing Carly even more. 

Overnight, Carly feels as if her life is once again out of control and has her questioning her new found faith.  Doing what she can to be strong, she questions God, but doesn’t argue with Him, putting her faith to the ultimate test.

ABDUCTED is another great read from retired police officer, Janice Cantore.  With authenticity on her side she pens a suspense novel that keeps you interested until the very last page.  Carly is a great heroine, because she doesn’t have all the answers and doesn’t live from one platitude to the next.  She, along with some of the other main characters struggle with life and faith.  That’s what makes the story realistic.  My only disappointment was the lack of romance.  As I said in my review of ACCUSED, I feel having romance as part of the books cataloging was a stretch.  I don’t think there’s enough romance for the female reader, but this makes for a great crossover for the male audience attracted by law enforcement storylines.

I still give this book 5 stars because I thoroughly enjoyed what I read.  I will definitely read more from this author, with the understanding I’m going to get more suspense than romance.

 

No comments: