Sunday, July 17, 2011

A New Tradition with My Granddaughters























I am going to start a new tradition with my beautiful granddaughters, Lorelei and Addison. I made them a special plate at Color Me Mine before they got here this January. Nothing fancy, but it has their names on it. Well, they only got the chance to use them once while they were here because life just seemed to be busy and go by so fast.

I decided to send their special plates to Jennifer (hopefully they survived UPS) now that they are back in North Carolina. Our new tradition will be . . . when they have their special plates on the dinner table, they will know they have received something from Grandma and Grandpa Tilley. Nothing big or outrageous, mostly it will just be a card. But, we know how much little ones enjoy getting their own mail. I hope this is a tradition I can keep going and the girls will enjoy as they grow up.

Here is a picture of my first batch of cards I made this Saturday. Getting out my scrapbooking supplies and putting my craft room back together, made me realize how many supplies I have that I never use. I have rearranged my craft drawers and my stock so that I can start using the stuff I have acquired over the years.

Here’s to a creative rest of the year.

No comments: