Friday, April 22, 2011

An Amazing Few Days


This was a great week for the Tilley's. First- Hume Lake Christian Camps sends its staff on a retreat. Kind of a booster shot before we head into summer. We had a great time at the Mandalay Bay Embassy Suites in Oxnard, California. Per tradition, Walter and I always arrange to go bowling while at retreat. So, after Tuesdays wonderful dinner and inspiring message from our new President, Michael Anthony, we headed to Wagon Wheel Bowl to roll the fat ball. With over 30 staff members slinging the ball, a great time was had by all! Wednesday started with a great breakfast I got to share with my son, John (enjoyed the one on one time), and then another inspiring message from Michael Anthony. Then, it was off to the outlets for a little shopping. Again, I enjoyed the time I get to spend with my kids. John and Alex, and our friend Jonathan went and did some power shopping before returning to the hotel for some Q & A with Michael Anthony and his wife, Michelle. But, the best part of the trip was yet to come.

No comments: