Friday, January 13, 2023

My Review - Critical Threat by Lynette Eason


5+ out of 5 stars

CRITICAL THREAT by Lynette Eason . . . I have one word . . . WOW! Fast paced. Edge of your seat. Romantic chemistry. It had it all. Lynette Eason at her best! 

FBI Special Agent Grace Billingsley and prison psychiatrist Sam Monroe have met before. Even had dinner together, but for whatever reason, Sam ghosted Grace, leaving her to ask herself, Why? When they end up working the same case, they have to maneuver around the awkwardness and clear the air. Once they do, they are thrown head long into a case that is personal for Sam and puzzling for Grace. However, they work well together as a team and are committed to finding the killer before he strikes again.

CRITICAL THREAT was an exciting read! I know when I sit down with a Lynette Eason book, I won’t be disappointed, and CRITICAL THREAT definitely checked all the boxes for what I consider a great romance/suspense novel. Both Grace and Sam are dealing with family baggage making them hesitant to open up to each other. However, being able to relate on so many levels make them the perfect match.

Without giving too much away, Grace becomes the focus of the killer they are trying to catch, triggering Sam’s protectiveness. And when Sam’s family is threatened, Grace is determined to intervene.

There is a lot of action and intrigue in CRITICAL THREAT. And even though I knew the direction the story was headed, I read faster and faster waiting for the characters to come to the same conclusions. There were numerous secondary characters that added life and depth to the story, even a few I wanted to hate. There were even a few nods to some of the characters in the series’ previous installments. All worked together for a well-rounded story that kept me turning page after page. The whole Extreme Measures series has been great. Now I just have to wait for the next installment.

Though I was provided with a copy of CRITICAL THREAT by the publishers, I was not required to write a positive review. All comments and critiques are my own.

No comments: