Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Book Covers - What Grabs Your Attention?

I'm curious, what do you look for in a book cover? What catches your eye? Is it a cover with real people on it, or an intriguing setting?

I've included a few examples of different covers below. Now, just for the record, these are all authors on my favorites list, and I own all of these books. Nevertheless, if I was told I could choose only one; I would have to choose Silence in the Dark.


It's important for me to connect with the characters. So, having images I can look at is a real plus. Now, the old adage "never choose a book by its cover" also comes into play. I would definitely read the back cover copy to see what the plot was about, and of course, an author I am familiar with would help to make my decision. Even so, it's the cover that entices me to read the synopsis.

So, what about you? Which cover would you choose?




1 comment:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I probably would choose the "Thin Ice" cover, but only because I love winter. Honestly though, from an avid reader's perspective, I never give the cover much thought at all. I always read the back cover to see what the book is about. Most of the time, I could not tell you what the cover even is. Maybe I am an anomaly :)