Sunday, February 08, 2015

My Review - Raptor 6


5 out of 5 stars
RAPTOR 6, book one of The Quiet Professionals series was so intense, I found myself clenching my chest and gasping in sympathetic pain. An incredible start to what I anticipate to be a great series.

Captain Dean Watters heads his Special Forces team with unwavering focus. His team is his family and he lives to serve his country.  When super-secure computers go missing with information that will compromise U.S. military intelligence, he and his team do all they can to secure the computers before they can be hacked by the enemies of the U.S.

Few know that Zahrah Zarrick is more than a missionary teacher. With skills in quantum cryptology she becomes an unwilling target of those who have taken the missing computers. When Dean realizes she is in danger, he and his team are too late to protect her.  She has been taken captive and now it is up to Dean and his team to find her.  Complicating matter more is the fact that Dean has lost his heart to Zahrah. When he realizes the only way to rescue her is to become a captive himself, he must reach down deep to his very core, knowing he might have to sacrifice his life for hers.

All I can say is WOW! Ronie Kendig as done it again. The intensity of RAPTOR 6 is truly griping. Some scenes might be too intense for some people but it definitely leans to the realism of the tragedies of war. I love the relationship that forms between Dean and Zarhrah and how they drew strength from each other.  I also enjoyed the rapport and banter between the team members of RAPTOR 6.  They epitomize the definition−a band of brothers. I can’t wait to read HAWK, book two in the series.

No comments: