Friday, September 12, 2014

My Review - Deadly Devotion by Sandra Orchard


4.5 out of 5 stars
DEADLY DEVOTION is book one in the Port Aster Secrets series. Romance, suspense, and more twists than a mountain road.

Herbiest, Kate Adams insists her friend Daisy did not kill herself.  But the Port Aster Police Department does not agree.  Though she knows Detective Tom Parker is annoyed with her, she doesn’t care.  Kate will do whatever is necessary to prove Daisy was murdered, even if she has to use herself as bait.
Detective Tom Parker is beyond frustrated with Kate Adams.  With her wild accusations and uncanny way of getting herself into dangerous situations, he has no choice but to look into Kate’s allegations, if only to keep her out of trouble.  Unfortunately, his chief doesn’t want him wasting time on a closed case so Tom’s is unofficially keeping his eye on Kate.
While Kate and Tom sidestep their growing attraction for each other, they have come to the agreement Daisy was indeed murdered - now to prove it.
I really enjoyed DEADLY DEVOTION and BLIND TRUST, book two in the series.  Though I read them out of order (book two was sent to me as part of a contest so I couldn’t post a public review), both books kept me interested and involved.  I enjoyed the characters of Kate and Tom.  Kate is a go-getter and Tom has just the right mix of exasperation and protectiveness.  Tom’s family and the other members of the Port Aster community added small town charm to the story, and lent to the myriad of suspects.  I will definitely be keeping my eye out for the next installment in the series.

 

No comments: