Sunday, August 05, 2012

Longing (Bailey Flanigan #3)Longing by Karen Kingsbury
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

LONGING, book three in the Bailey Flannigan series from Karen Kingsbury had better pacing then the previous two.

I felt LONGING had a little more oomph to it. A little more tragic then the previous installments, I felt the triangle between Bailey, Brandon, and Cody eased some. But, as in all fiction romance, there is still a door cracked open to spin things a completely different way.

I would agree with several of the reviewers, that Bailey’s story could’ve easily been told in two books, but come on readers, publishing is a money making venture, and with loyal readers willing to buy four books why would they choose to produce less. But, like other readers, getting through the series is now a quest. I’m not sure if I want Bailey to end up with Brandon or Cody, I just know I will be glad to just have an answer.

I do feel Bailey has been colored with a bit too much perfection, as well as Brandon, while Cody has the highs and lows of a roller coaster. And, his continued pining over Bailey at times doesn’t fit Cody’s survivalist personality. I think the character Kingsbury created early on is stronger emotionally then she is giving him credit for.

So, off I go to read LOVING. I hope I will finally have a conclusion to Bailey’s story.


View all my reviews

No comments: