Friday, June 22, 2012

SomedaySomeday by Karen Kingsbury
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

SOMEDAY by Karen Kingsbury, the third in the Sunrise series allowed us a glimpse at Dayne and Katy, a Hollywood couple the paparazzi are determined to break up. While SOMEDAY also touched on Luke’s troubled marriage, Ashley’s heartache from the death of her infant daughter, the loss of the CKT (Christian Kids Theater), and the growing relationship between John Baxter and Elaine, Dayne and Katy were the main focus.

The ups and downs of Dayne and Katy’s relationship/marriage were pretty predictable. At times, I felt Katy’s character was a little off the mark. Katy I feel is a person who loves with all she is. And at times, she seemed to give up too easily on Dayne. I appreciated the growth we saw in Dayne, and his desire to get right with the Lord.

I don’t know what to think about Luke. Before the 911 scenario he was such a passionate, straight arrow type of person. Since then, he just seems to jump off the deep end whenever life gets tough. I found myself not liking him when he was portrayed as a husband not wanting to deal with the everyday family trials. He acts like he is trapped by his circumstances instead of embracing family life.

I am off to read the last in this series.


View all my reviews

No comments: