Monday, January 18, 2010

My Review - Screen Play

I’ve decided that Chris Coppernoll is a risk taker. I say that, because I feel his writing style is like that of a whispered song that slowly builds into a resounding crescendo. At first, nothing in his writing stands out to me. He does not drop you into the middle of a quick moving scene, or use hooks to keep you reading. He just writes in a simplistic manner without highs or low, monotone if you will. I found it easy to put down SCREEN PLAY and only picked it up when I had time to commit to it. But somewhere in the middle of this slow-moving tune, his characters became real, the settings tangible, the tempo building to something more than just a leisure novel. I had no choice but to read late into the night to finish the second half of the story I was invested in emotionally, just so I could exhale the breath I had been holding. There is a unique voice to Coppernoll’s writing. I can’t put my finger on it, but I will always know to stick with his novels, because the tune that lingers in your heart after following his characters through the high and lows of life is well worth the wait.

No comments: