Monday, July 27, 2009

My Review - Montana Rose

MONTANA ROSE by Mary Connealy is a pleasurable read set in the 1800s. We watch as a pregnant Cassie Griffin buries her husband, and in the same day finds herself in a tug-of-war between two men who want to marry her, and one man that doesn’t. Wade and Mort Sawyer, powerful ranchers in the area, want Cassie all for their own. But Red Dawson knows of their brutality and will not allow Cassie to fall prey to their evil ways.

Red, being intrigued with the woman known around town as the “china doll”, soon realizes that she wasn’t pampered by her late husband, but was abused and bullied. Red sets out to show Cassie real love. The love of a husband and the love of a Saviour.

I enjoyed MONTANA ROSE (though I’m not sure where the title of the book came from), as I have the other books I’ve read by Mary Connealy. The ending was a bit of a distraction for me, but overall, the characters of Cassie and Red stole my heart.

No comments: