Saturday, September 24, 2011

Naked Heat (Nikki Heat #2)Naked Heat by Richard Castle

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


NAKED HEAT the second installment of the Richard Castle books, made popular by the ABC show Castle was good, but nothing will compare to the chemistry of the T.V. characters portrayed by Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic.

Being a fan of the television show, and an avid reader, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to read the books spoken about in the T.V. show. And while the books read like an episode of Castle, you just don’t get the same spark from paper that you do from Richard Castle and Kate Beckett.

Since I usually read Christian fiction so that I can avoid gratuitous sex scenes or unnecessary language, I prepared myself for language and sensuality I would consider comparable to a television program. I did not expect to find the F-word in the dialogue, and some of the other questionable content I found to be cruder than I expected. I am an adult, and can over look these things, but I hope they don’t escalate as the series continues.

A good mystery overall. The crimes being solved and the twists that involved so many suspects was calculated and intriguing. And yes, you could see Castle and Beckett in your minds eyes as you read along. It would be nice, if in future installments, the characters depicting Ryan and Esposito were expounded upon since they all make such a good team. Enjoyable!




View all my reviews

No comments: