Saturday, June 16, 2018

My Review - Fearful Symmetry by C.F. Dunn



5 out of 5 stars

FEARFUL SYMMETRY – Just a few adjectives to start. WOW! Exhilarating! Suspenseful! Edge of your seat fiction! If you like a story that transports and completely draws you in, you need to read The Secret of the Journal series.

Though this is not my genre of choice-I’m not usually drawn to fiction that departs from reality- this series is the exception. I actually started the series by reading book two – Death Be Not Proud. I agreed to review book two for the publishing house not knowing the series had a Sci-Fi bent to it. So, I read with skepticism but that quickly changed. I was absolutely mesmerized! Wanting to find out more back story regarding the characters, I read book one. Again, I was completely blown away by the suspense, the intrigue, and the imagination of the author. I bought in to Matthew’s situation hook, line, and sinker.

So as not to give away the intricacies of the story, I will only say that C.F. Dunn birthed an exceptional series, hitting all the criteria. The chemistry between Matthew and Emma is off the charts. The intrigue-not knowing what is going to happen to them-is compelling. The suspense of not knowing when Matthew and Emma would finally let down their guard had me reading late into the night. Though I would’ve liked the series to continue, FEARFUL SYMMETRY provided for me a satisfying conclusion. It left me with peace regarding the characters and their future.

The Secret of the Journal series is escapism at its best!

No comments: