Monday, September 21, 2009

My Review - A Cousin's Prayer

A COUSIN'S PRAYER by Wanda Brunstetter was not my cup of tea. I have never read books centered around the Amish community. I have never seen the draw. But, I thought I should at least read one before making any assumptions. I figured reading one by Wanda, a best-selling author was a good place to start. Unfortunately, it didn't change my mind.

This is not a negative review mind you. I'm just saying this isn't a genre that I'm interested in. The pace is too slow for me. I liked the character of Freeman, and felt sympathy for Katie and the tragedy she'd experienced, but it wasn't enough to keep my interest or spur me on. I finished the book hoping my interest would grow, but it did not.

If this is an genre you're interested in, you would have to read A COUSIN'S PRAYER for yourself and make your own decision regarding it.

No comments: